The Guardian Corporate Family includes:
- The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America
- Berkshire Life Insurance Company of America
- The Guardian Insurance and Annuity Company, Inc.
- RS Investment Management Co. LLC
- Park Avenue Securities LLC
- First Commonwealth, Inc
- Guardian Investor Services, LLC
- Hanover Acquisition LLC
- Innovative Underwriters, Inc.
- Park Avenue Life Insurance Company
- Family Service Life Insurance Company
- Sentinel American Life Insurance Company
- Managed DentalGuard, Inc.
At Guardian, we value every aspect of our relationship with you, and nothing could be more important to that relationship than maintaining your trust and confidence. We take our responsibility to protect your personal information very seriously. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of our policies and procedures for collecting, disclosing and safeguarding the information that our current and former customers provide to us.
We collect the personal information of our customers from the following sources:
- Applications or other forms, such as policies, where we obtain items such as your name, date of birth, etc;
- Your transactions with us and our affiliates, such as premium payments;
- Consumer reporting agencies and other similar sources relating to creditworthiness; and
- Our Internet websites, where we capture items that you provide when you fill out forms.
To better serve you, the law provides for the disclosure of certain information we collect as follows:
- With affiliates to administer your policy or account, or to give you information about other products and services that may be of interest to you. We may also share non-credit-related information with affiliates to develop marketing programs. We may do this without obtaining prior authorization and the law does not allow customers to restrict these disclosures.
- We may also share your information with our affiliates about your transactions and experiences with us, such as payment history.
- With your agent, broker, or representative in order to service your policy or account.
- With non-affiliates in order to administer your policy or account or to administer our business.
- With non-affiliates with whom we have a joint marketing agreement, such as other financial companies, in order to send you information about products and services. We require that all non-affiliates keep your information confidential.
- We do not share your information with non-affiliates for any reason other than those stated above.